- culture, Employees, marketing, recruit, US
How can you attract and retain the best employees to drive your business, especially as you expand into the US? Beyond the practical issues such as recruiting in the right channels based on your location, industry and job category (separate topic to be covered in other articles), it is a great idea to develop and […]
- culture, Employees, leadership, US
At this event, kindly hosted by Maersk in cooperation with Aperian Global, DABF members and guests gained valuable insight into how to tackle leadership challenges from global, personal and organizational perspectives. We got useful advice from Dr. Ernest “Ernie” Gundling, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Aperian Global, as well as Jens H. Jensen, Head of HR at […]
- benefits, Employees, incentives, salary, US
Read here to learn more from Mercer, Maersk and Radiometer about the differences between Denmark and US when it comes to setting up incentive programs for your US employees
- differences, employment laws, Holland & Knight LLP, Kromann Reumert, US, US employees
Do you know how much vacation you must give your US employees? Do you offer a competitive incentive plan? Did you know you can't ask applicants about their criminal record? Make sure you know at least these 5 key differences in US and Danish employment law before you employ staff in the US.
- Employees, Employment law, Holland & Knight LLP, Inspiration, Kromann Reumert, legal, US staff
Are you a Danish company employing staff in the US? Learn more about the things you need to be aware of.
- Camilla Ley Valentin, Digital Natives, Employees, Inspiration, Queue-it, Social Media Strategy, Startups, Tech, trends
Camilla Ley Valentin, Co-founder & CCO at Queue-it, helped us understand the Digital Native as an employee, and more At our April 21st Networking Evening to celebrate Women in IP, hosted jointly with Awapatent, keynote speaker Camilla Ley Valentin brought inspiration and energy from the startup and tech world. She covered what it’s like to start […]
- Discrimination, Employees, Employing Americans, Holland & Knight LLP, nepotism, Sexual Harassmen
Here are some clues from Christopher G. Kelly & Howard Sokol from Holland & Knight LLP from our “Employing Americans” event in March 2015. Prohibitions against discrimination in the workplace are contained in federal, state and local laws. Foreign companies should be especially aware of the potential for complaints of discrimination on the basis of national origin...
- Contracts, Employees, expat, Expatriation, labor law, Martensen Wright PC, negotiation
There are two types of contracts: Local employment and secondment. Danes must keep in mind that negotiation in the US is more extensive than your average employment agreement in Denmark...
- Employees, freedom of contract, Holland & Knight LLP, Regulation, Statistics, strike, Unions
Here are some clues from Christopher G. Kelly & Howard Sokol from Holland & Knight LLP from our “Employing Americans” event in March 2015. Most employers in the United States have a direct relationship with their employees (i.e. no union representation). Even when unionized, a company’s basic management entrepreneurial decisions are not subject to negotiations with the unions...