Date: 21 Apr 2017, 8:30 - 11:30
Host: Kromann Reumert, Sundkrogsgade 5, 2100 Copenhagen Ø
New administrations in the US always bring change, and it’s important for Danish companies operating there prepare themselves where possible
At this interactive morning discussion, we’ll feature Christopher Kelly, Partner, Holland & Knight (US) and Jens Rostock-Jensen, Partner, Kromann Reumert (Denmark) to talk to you about potential changes and issues for Danish companies to be aware of in the areas of employment law and product liability.
Employment law issues that can affect Danes operating in US include things like:
- 0vertime pay regulations
- rules for using independent contractors
- regulations around proof of non-discrimination
- requirements for filing injury/illness information
- US government priority around equal pay, and reporting requirements
- The new US administration has promised less workplace regulation, leaving it more up to state and local governments, but how might that really play out?
Regarding product liability, will there be changes to the ability of victims to file claims to compensate for personal injury, or caps on the size of awards for damages?
Be sure to add your specific questions to the registration form!
Registration and light networking breakfast
Session 1: Employment Law
Session 2: Product Liability
Q&A and Wrap-up