Date: 20 Jan 2015, 8:45 - 12:45
Host: Rønne & Lundgren, Tuborg Havnevej 19, 2900 Hellerup
Here are the presentations which were distributed to participants:
US M&A Market Update and Considerations for 2015 by Ben Scharff, Managing Director, Grace Matthews
US Market Terms and Considerations by Jim Peterson, Partner, Foley & Lardner
W&I Insurance by Mads Illum, Partner, Rønne & Lundgren
Improvements in the US Economy and increasing M&A activities and transaction multiples have many industry and financial participants considering acquisitions and divestitures.
Thanks for joining us to learn of trends which are influencing transactions in Denmark, the US and the EU as well as cross border transactions between Danish, US and EU companies.
Speakers provided concrete information on:
- US M&A Market Update and Considerations for 2015
- US Market Terms and Considerations for DK and EU Acquirers
- W&I Insurance
- Kursusbevis will be available
This event was a collaboration between Danish-American Business Forum and British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark.
Registration and Networking
Update on US M&A market activity
– Ben Scharff, Managing Director, Grace Matthews, Inc. (US)
The US M&A market has roared back to life. Acquirers of US companies need to evaluate underlying market trends, levels of sustainability and areas of opportunity. Specific topics to be addressed will include:
- Current M&A trends and data
- M&A market drivers (such as the shale boom, robust credit markets, strong corporate balance sheets, etc.)
- Is now a good time to acquire US companies?
- Expectations for 2015 and beyond…
Update on US M&A Market Terms and Trends
– James Peterson, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP (US)
Increased M&A activities in the US should translate into more opportunities for Danish and EU acquirers. We will discuss particular considerations for Danish and EU acquirers who are looking to place a toe in US waters or who are looking to dive in head first. We will discuss:
- Trends in auction transactions
- New areas of acquisition risk and compliance focus – such as the “Affordable Care Act”
- Shifting “market” transaction terms
- Considerations for DK and EU acquirers of US business which need to be top of mind
Intro to W&I Insurance: Product Features, Strategic Uses and Claims Experience
– Frederik von Barnekow, RiskPoint A/S (DK)
– Mads Ilum, Rønne & Lundgren (DK)
It is increasingly common in the private company market for entities and individuals who are disposing of an asset or shareholding to seek to restrict their potential post-sale liability. Claims for breaches of warranties given by the sellers and management under the Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) are on the rise, and corporate and financial investors need to understand the mechanics behind the complex world of transactional risk insurance.
Light Networking Lunch