We’ve hired our Spring 2017 intern (mid January to end June) and will start the search for our Fall intern (mid Aug. to mid Jan 2017) in April
WHO ARE WE?
Danish-American Business Forum (DABF) is a network for Danish companies who are building their businesses in the US. Member companies pay one annual fee which allows all their relevant employees to get advice by attending events, benchmarking with each other, using our knowledge base, and requesting 1:1 facilitation for specific challenges from DABF staff.
Our events (about 20 per year) cover topics ranging from sales, marketing and financial challenges, to legal issues, visas, hiring employees in the US, overcoming cultural differences, and more.
We’re a non-profit association, and our member companies come from all industries and sizes, ranging from startups to small, medium, and even the largest Danish companies. You can see our member companies here.
Our ideal candidate can easily get to Copenhagen each day, speaks great Danish AND can write great English, would value the work experience from a small company, and is possibly doing a thesis or has very few classes, so has the time and flexibility to help us.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will gain experience with:
• Customer List Management – maintaining our important CRM system (Customer Database / Customer Relationship Management system)
• Communication and Marketing– writing, creating images and videos, and learning to use popular software tools for posting to our website (WordPress) and social media channels, writing articles for our knowledge base and newsletter, and creating direct mail invitations to our events
• Events – planning and executing events and seminars, usually for 30 to 50 people
WHO ARE YOU?
We expect that you are a student with a relevant background and interest in learning to run a small company and develop your skills in communication, marketing, journalism, event planning or similar. We are looking for an independent and engaged person, who thrives in a workplace where assignments vary each day. We are looking for a person who:
• Communicates very well in written and spoken English and Danish
• Has an interest in marketing and communication and is able to work creatively and imaginatively
• Pays close attention to detail. Understands the value of a well-kept customer database (CRM) and cheerfully handles the administrative work that goes along with that (registering people for events, updating their contact details, etc.)
• Is comfortable and confident in meeting different types of business people
• Has or wants to develop good photography and video skills, and enjoys learning to create visuals for our website and social media posts
Place: Our offices are at Toldbodgade 39, Copenhagen K across from the Admiral hotel.
Spring Intern: mid-January – end June. Fall Intern: mid August to mid January
Content Developer: We have in the past had a position for good writers / graphic designers who can’t work 3 days/week but are interested in short assignments to write articles, e-booklets, or create infographics on specific topics that can help our current members as well as attract new members. You can see examples of past pieces here. This position is currently filled, but if you are interested, write to us with title “Content Developer” at email@example.com and we’ll see if there’s a match between your goals and ours!
Minimum 3 days per week, Monday through Thursday 9am to 5pm, flexible but related to event dates and times (some early mornings and afternoon/evening events)
Salary: Unpaid, but includes free lunch! You will get great all-around work experience, good references, as well as a new network for future jobs.
Deadline: We accept applications ongoing.
Please send your statement of interest / cover letter and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org